Sunday, May 27, 2012

Insider : Joel Madden guest editor


"I remember on Sunday mornings my dad drinking coffee and reading the paper," Madden said.

 "I always thought it was such a grown-up thing to do and it has definitely become something that I do. I love the idea of reading the newspaper on a Sunday morning because it is something I grew up with.

"I love that Sydney and Australia in general is still a very newspaper-friendly place and it is still a form of entertainment for people."

Showing the passion and enthusiasm of a seasoned staffer, Madden took his editing role seriously, providing a rare glimpse into the life of some of our biggest stars. Recommended Coverage Joel Madden edits Insider Nicole Richie The Voice - Hits and misses

"It was cool to see the inner workings of a newspaper," he said. "It's a serious business. It is cool to see how many people it takes to make it happen every week. I just thought it looked like pretty serious stuff." Madden, 33, designer wife Nicole Richie and children Harlow, 4, and Sparrow, 2, have temporarily set up home in Sydney and plan on making the move more permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment