Monday, March 11, 2013

Joel Madden : Logies Nomination

Joel admitted news of the award acknowledgement was ''the first time I've ever felt accepted in my life.''

''It's crazy, man. This whole group of people have accepted me, for all my quirks, my faults and my insecurities and I don't think that's ever happened to me in my life, Australia is not an easy crowd. They make you work for it, but I respect that, you've got to respect that. I just never could have seen this nomination coming.

There's always a surprise coming from this show, good things for me, it's been non-stop. From grandmas and mums and all different kinds of people coming up to me and being so nice, it wasn't always like that. With our band, you'd have these certain fans but people weren't always that warm to me. I get it, I have tattoos and I've created this look for myself that isn't the most welcoming if you don't know me...but I've never been that guy, I've always been friendly.
 
I think that's what it is, people see that I'm always trying. I'm trying to do the right thing, be a great dad, be a better husband and still do my work. I think people can truly see when people are faking it and they can see that I'm just doing my best at this whole life thing. And The Voice has been a part of that.

I never thought I could have a career in TV and I'm starting to believe I could. It's a credit to Channel 9 and Shine, cos let's be honest I'm not the safest bet on paper, but they believed in me. I was deeply complimented when they asked me to do the show, so I came on last year and just wanted to do a good job.



1 comment: